Friday, January 13, 2012

Snickerdoodle Blondies


Time for another recipe swap! This time around, we weren't assigned specific recipes. We were assigned one blog, and we would choose whatever recipe we wanted. I ended up choosing these snickerdoodle blondies to take to my niece's first birthday party.

This recipe was a no-brainer for me. I love snickerdoodles, and I love blondies/brownies, so this was a win-win for me! The cinnamon sugar smelled so good while it was baking, and I couldn't wait to try it.

When I ran my bench scraper through it to cut, I thought it would be dense and hard to cut through, but it wasn't. It was light and fluffy just like a snickerdoodle would be. I brought the majority of it over, but I saved a few pieces for myself. Now I wish I saved more, but I guess I'll just find another excuse to make another batch.

Remember to go to Sarah's blog to see the rest of the recipes!


Snickerdoodle Blondies
recipe by cathy's kitchen journey
adapted from The Cookaholic Wife





ingredients:
  • 2 2/3 cup all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp kosher salt [I reduced this to 1/2 tsp, since I only had salted butter on hand]
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 TBSP vanilla extract
     topping:
  • 2 TBSP granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon

directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 9x13 baking pan, set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl; combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
  3. In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat together. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
  4. Transfer to prepared pan and spread with a spatula sprayed with oil (batter will be thick, so this will help).
  5. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl, cover and shake to mix well (or whisk together). Sprinkle evenly over the dough.
  6. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until dough is springs back to the touch.
  7. Let cool, then cut into 32 pieces (or however big you want them!)
Yield: 9x13 pan



Pin It

2 comments :

  1. Just like with the SRC, I love to see what recipe someone will choose. This was one I didn't expect, but now you reminded me of just how good these were and I want to make them again. I'm glad you liked them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to try snickerdoodles. :) I'm glad these hit the spot. 

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments! Please post below!